Monday, October 25, 2010

Let's See How This Goes!

So since I am currently obsessed with Hilary Buckson's blog, and pretty much stalk her baby, I decided to give this a go myself! Thought it would be a fun way to "document" my life...I think this new found desire is mainly due to the fact that I am pregnant and want to remember everything when I'm old and grey! I can never get into the whole journal thing, so I'm hoping that this is a more practical option! So here we go....

I've been at work all day rigging up the doors so that my boxer, Lilah, will stop escaping! She has this really cool, but really annoying talent of opening doors. She's escaped 3 times today...that's her all time record! I tried putting a chair in front of the door, but she figured out that it can roll and has been moving it. I am hoping that she is now so exhausted from running from me, that she will nap until it's time to go home.

On a brighter note, Cody started training for his new job in Greenville! I know it is SUPER boring for him, but he is loving the fact that his hours will be from 1-7 now. One thing I have learned from our 5 months of marriage is that he is NOT a morning person! He can stay up all night long, but refuses to wake up in the mornings. Hopefully the fact that he is such a night owl will help once the baby gets here!

Speaking of the baby, let me tell you all how I've felt! HORRIBLE!!! Morning sickness is such an understatement. I have had all day nausea. I'm pretty sure that a man came up with the term "morning sickness". It makes me feel guilty sometimes because I have to force myself to eat, and what I can eat isn't the best nutrition for the baby. Good thing they make prenatal vitamins! And the exhaustion is kicking my tail!!! It was all worth it when Cody and I got to see the baby for the first time though! We invited my mom, Mrs. Andrea (Cody's mom), and my sis Jodi to come along. It was an amazing experience. Although it was still early, we were able to see the baby's head, body, arms, legs, and heart beat!!! It was so surreal. I think it took seeing it for us to actually believe that WE formed a baby! We can not wait to see it again. Our next appointment is November 10! It's pretty funny because Cody does not even comprehend that it could be a girl! Since the day we found out he has referred to the baby as he or him. Either way, baby Zeke Benjiman or Aniston Gwyn will be a HUGE life changer! We are so excited!!! One of the things that made me fall in love with Cody was his love for kids. I knew he was going to be such a great father. Didn't expect it to be so soon, but some of the best things in life are those that are least expected!!! Can't wait to meet this little baby in my belly :)

No comments:

Post a Comment