Monday, February 7, 2011

Anxious Aniston

So all of those times Cody and I have told Aniston, "We can't wait to meet you, why won't you come now!!!" almost came true...15 weeks to early. Monday night Cody and I went to bed as usual, but instead of Aniston doing her nightly dance, she was extremely still. I didn't want to think much of it, so I didn't tell Cody and we went to bed. Around 11 o'clock I woke up just feeling very crampy in my stomach. It was painful waves of cramps, but I thought maybe I just needed to go potty. I got up to go to the restroom and the waves went from 0-60 fast. I realized it was contractions and they were about 4 minutes apart. It was so painful that I couldn't even talk to Cody, and then I started to puke. Cody called my parents and they decided to meet us at the hospital so he got clothes together for me while I tried to regain composure. I got dressed and we were on our way. Cody ended up taking me to TMH, so we had to turn around and go to CRMC...we'll blame that one on his nerves! lol! G-diddy met us there also! When I got there, they hooked me up to several machines (after a 15 min sign up process because I had not preregistered yet) and we immediately saw Aniston's heart rate was great. HUGE relief! They thought the cause may have been dehydration so they pumped me full of fluids and the contractions slowed to 6 minutes, but I began to feel a lot of pressure. After hours of waiting, they decided to give me a shot of brethin (or something like that...) and that relieved all of the pressure and slowed the contractions some. An hour later they gave me a second dose of the same shot, which slowed them to 10 minutes which is the safe zone. They watched me for another hour, checked my cervix which had not dilated, and ran a test to see if I would go into labor within the next week. I was so relieved when everything was over, and Aniston decided to stay put!

A few days after I went to the doctor for my 24 week check up. We were able to see Aniston, and the doc reassured us that she was completely fine. Her heart rate was strong and she was growing on track. He said that the contractions and meds were only uncomfortable for me, but that she was not effected. Thank you Jesus!!! However, they have NO idea what caused the early labor. They do not want to put me on bed rest this early in the pregnancy, but they want me to take things very easy! It is basically a wait and see if it happens again type of thing. If it does, they can put me on bed rest and if it continues to happen then they can give me a low dosage of the shot (in pill form) everyday but that is a last resort type thing. He said it may have just been a one time thing and nothing else happen until I'm full term...which is what I'm believing!!! I am eager to meet her, but I want her to be as healthy and strong as possible! We also got the good news that the placenta had moved far enough away from my cervix so I was no longer in the "danger zone" and would be able to deliver naturally!

All of this made me extremely anxious to get things ready for my baby girl! We have some clothes and her bedding, but nothing was washed and no bags were packed. I know it's a little early, but I do not want to feel that completely unprepared again!!! So I have now washed all of the clothes we have, and set up as much as possible. We will be packing bags soon! lol! We don't have much yet, but we have enough to bring her home at least! Can't wait until my showers!!!

1 comment: