Sunday, April 24, 2011

Things I'll Miss

All of the stories about women being miserable the last little bit are SO true! I am ready to meet Aniston and that is all I think about. She is stuck, though, and no matter what I do, she isn't budging!!! With that said, I got to thinking about the things I will actually miss about pregnancy. In all honesty, it is sad knowing that the experience of pregnancy will only happen a few times in my life. Though I have become quite the hypochondriac, with something new hurting every day, and I am growing more uncomfortable by the minute; I wouldn't have traded it for the world. Before pregnancy, I always dreamed what it would be like to have my own family. From the moment I found out about this peanut, those dreams became my reality. I have our whole future together pictured out. And when I found out this peanut was a girl, Aniston, those pictures were even more clear. I think about our tea parties, pedicures and manicures, makeovers, dances, park adventures, and baking extravaganzas. I could not imagine life without Aniston. I can not wait to hold her in my arms, squeeze her, cover her with kisses, and watch her grow into a beautiful young woman. But I will miss her squirming in my belly, the gentle rhythm of her hiccups that keep me up at night, her one little foot that she keeps on the left side of my belly, and the way Cody is in complete awe of her and my growing tummy. There is something about the look in his eye and the smile that covers his face when he watches her move inside of me. I will miss him talking to her through my belly and the soft kisses that he gives to her through me. It is like I am the passageway...the only connection to his daughter. Though I am glad they will soon form a relationship not centered around me, I will miss this. I am also going to miss having her ALL to myself. Right now she is mine...all mine and I get to talk to her and love her all day without having to share! We are so blessed with a great family and tons of friends that I cannot wait to introduce her to, but the jealous side of me doesn't want to let her go. Oh the wonders of pregnancy!

2 comments:

  1. awww man i love this one, lol@ "Right now she is mine...all mine and I get to talk to her and love her all day without having to share!" u three are awesome

    ReplyDelete
  2. i totally get it! while i am so excited to meet carter, i almost don't want this time to end. i've enjoyed my pregnancy so much and think i'll really miss feeling him squirm around inside my belly...

    ReplyDelete